This column is going to introduce you to some delicious baking recipes, whether sweet and simple or salty and complex. Whether it be macaroons, pretzels, or anything else you think of, I can try to bake it! Follow some of the ideas in this column or give some of your own suggestions on what should be baked next! Now sit back, read some recipes, and enjoy!
One Pan Chocolate Snack Cake
For our first recipe, I will be making a super simple, but flavorful and tasty, chocolate cake. The best part of this cake is that you can make it all in one pan, you won’t need any mixing bowls or cups! This cake is perfect if you are looking for a fairly quick and easy recipe that will impress.
- 8-inch cake pan (any shape will work, I used a heart shape for mine)
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 °F.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt with a fork or spoon in the ungreased baking pan.
- Stir in the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla until the mixture forms a thick batter. Spread the batter evenly around the pan.
- Sprinkle your chocolate chips evenly over the top of the batter (don’t mix them in). Then sprinkle your granulated sugar over the batter as well; this will help the cake get a nice flaky top.
- Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes, and check to see if it is done by sticking a toothpick in the center. When the toothpick comes out of the cake clean, the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool for at least 15 minutes, and enjoy!