Press "Enter" to skip to content

Baltimore City College’s 2022 School Spirit Week

It’s finally that time of year: spirit week has arrived at Baltimore City College. City Knights had the opportunity to participate in the annual tradition from Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28.

To kick off the week, scholars dressed in their class color as they gathered for a pep rally to support their friends and classmates for the upcoming City vs. Poly football game. Teachers and staff members began the assembly with a synchronized dance as people shouted and swayed along. Afterward, as the marching band marched across the field, our cheerleaders and dancers hyped up the crowd. Later, S.W.T.T members dressed in matching uniforms and performed an original step dance. 

On Tuesday, students had the choice to dress as their favorite celebrity or as their favorite decade. Dressing in an early 2000s manner was a popular option among our peers. Others went all out to resemble their favorite star by wearing wigs or even painting certain characteristics on their faces.

“On Wednesdays, we wear pink!” – Regina George On Wednesday October 26, students got to honor two classic high school movies, Mean Girls and Grease. On this day, students came to school dressed in plaid skirts and pink cardigans. Others decided to go retro and experiment with inspiration from the greaser style, which consists of classic black leather jackets and boots.

On Thursday, the theme was “Pajama Day!” Participants arrived to class in onesies, slippers, and even blankets. This allowed teachers and even students to relax as the first quarter came to an end.

The final day of spirit week was “Orange and Black Day” to show off City pride. Most students wore City sweatshirts, black pants, hats, and jackets in the colors orange or black. At the end of the day, City Knights gathered for a pep rally led by members of the cheerleading team and players of the varsity football team to prepare for the upcoming game between City and Poly.

Be First to Comment