Press "Enter" to skip to content

City’s So Chic

By: Zoë Johnson and Campbell Anderson

City students put soul and creativity into everything they do, which truly is a beautiful thing. This creativity can be seen not only in their schoolwork but also in their sense of fashion. Style is a crucial reflection of one’s personality and identity. While City maintains their polo button-up and khaki combination as a uniform requirement, some students have decided to add their creative flare. 

Many City students offered exciting pieces of advice for others looking to jazz up their uniforms. Some suggested including accessories like purses and jewelry while others emphasized the importance of wearing complementary colors to create an aesthetically pleasing look. One 10th grader decided to switch from “straight-cut khaki pants to wearing other bottoms like flared, bootcut, oversized, and different types of skirts are easier to match with my desired aesthetic.” These are all effects of pulling from various fashion influences. 

“Social media is the mother of all modern fashion inspiration,” stated another BCC sophomore. Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, and even YouTube have helped spark the imagination of the endless fashionistas at City. Most students have access to these platforms and use the opinions and guidance of other users to help find their style. It’s safe to say that social media has played perhaps the biggest role in serving fashion advice to the scholars at BCC.

The fashion world is full of different styles with different interpretations of self-expression. Fashion is a gateway for students at City to increase self-confidence and romanticization of life. When navigating your uniform style, try to be like Jeanne Paquin, the first female acknowledged internationally in the fashion world. Paquin preaches “Sometimes it is the material that inspires me. But I get inspiration everywhere…Our work in some respects resembles that of the painter.”

Be First to Comment